Friday, October 28, 2011

HALLOWEEN DESSERTS

I spent my Friday evening preparing for a pumpkin carving party that I am hosting tomorrow night.  I always make cupcakes {I LOVE cupcakes!}, but I thought I would also try to make a couple more desserts.  I am NOT a cook or baker, this is evidence:
That cake is so sad!  I attempted to make a cake for my daughter's 14th birthday last year.  That is officially the last cake I made!
Cooking shows always get my hopes up, then they come crashing down immensely when I attempt to bake!  I went the easy way tonight:  Fancified {that is now a word!} Rice Crispy Treats
Little Debbie Marshmallow Treats, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, Almond Bark and some jimmies with bats.
I was slightly alarmed at how yellow the Little Debbie marshmallow treats are, I guess I was expecting them to look like the Kellog's Rice Crispy Treats.  Weird.
I melted the chocolate chips in the microwave, drizzled it over the bars and then sprinkled on the jimmies.
Then I melted the almond bark and drizzled it over the bars and added even more jimmies.

I cut them up into three bite sized pieces per bar and will serve them in cupcake liners with cupcake toppers.  The toppers came with some baking cups that I bought at Walmart.  I used those baking cups to make garland :)

Next dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake in a Jar.  What I used:
I bought two packages of the Great Value {Walmart brand} No-Bake Cheesecake, a large can of pumpkin pie mix and Graham Cracker Crumbs.  I didn't have any graham crackers on hand and we don't normally eat them, so it was cheaper to buy the crumbs.  I didn't use the whole can of pumpkin, more like 3/4.  Mixed the cheesecake according to directions {just added my pie mix} and the crumbs, but added more than just what came with the box mix.
I think the mix looks so creamy and yummy!

I put the crumbs in the jar and used my tart thingy {from Pampered Chef YEARS ago} to push the crust up the sides.
I added the cheesecake mix and sprinkled just a few jimmies on top.
Ta-da!  Simple, easy and fast.  Now I will pray that  the pumpkin cheesecake taste good!  Even I don't think I could screw up the Fancified Rice Crispy Treats!

Have a great weekend!

Linking up here:
Be Different...Act Normal
Funky Junk Interiors
Young and Crafty






 






1 comment:

  1. Great ideas - I agree with you - baking is not my forte, either!! The cheesecakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!!